Alhussein A. Abouzeid is a Professor of Electrical, Computer, and Systems Engineering at RPI. His research is in the field of computer networks with a focus on mobile computing and wireless communications. He received his PhD from University of Washington, Seattle, 2001. He held appointments with Alcatel (now Nokia), HRL and AlliedSignal (now Honeywell).
He is also a Finnish Distinguished Professor (FiDiPro) Fellow, and visiting Professor of Electical Engineering at University of Oulu, Finland, where he received funding from Tekes Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation for research on Multi-Operator Spectrum Sharing for Future 5G Networks.
In 2011 he founded an NSF SAVI project called WiFiUS for US-Finland collaboration on wireless cognitive radio networks. By 2015 it included 58 PIs, 21 Projects, and 29 Institutions. He was the coordinator of this initiative from its inception in 2011 untill 2015, when it became a national NSF program by the same name.
December 9, 2015: 2015 WiFiUS Workshop and PI Meeting
September 9, 2015: Keynote talk @ IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference
July 15, 2015: Interview A. Abouzeid with Inside5G, 5Qs on 5G
- Cooperative Caching in Dynamic Shared Spectrum Networks. Accepted March 2016. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. (To appear.)
- Incentivizing Selected Devices to Perform Cooperative Content Delivery: A Carrier Aggregation based Approach. Accepted March 2016. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. (To appear.)
- Dynamic Spectrum Sharing Auctions with Time-Evolving Channel Qualities. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 14(11): 5900-12, 2015.
- Spatial-Temporal Queuing Theoretic Modeling of Opportunistic Multi-hop Wireless Networks With and Without Cooperation. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 14(9): 5209-24, 2015.
- Network-Layer Scheduling and Relaying in Cooperative Spectrum Sharing Networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 14(8): 4597-4613, 2015.