Alhussein A. Abouzeid is a Professor of Electrical, Computer, and Systems Engineering at RPI. His research is in the field of computer networks with a focus on mobile computing and wireless communications. He received his PhD from University of Washington, Seattle, 2001. He held appointments with Alcatel (now Nokia), HRL and Allied Signal (now Honeywell). He is also a Finnish Distinguished Professor (FiDiPro) Fellow, and visiting Professor of Electical Engineering at University of Oulu, Finland, where he received funding from Tekes Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation for research on Multi-Operator Spectrum Sharing for Future 5G Networks. From 2008 to 2010 he served as a Program Director with CNS/CISE at NSF, where he co-directed the NeTS program and co-founded the EARS program for radio spectrum efficiency. In 2011 he founded an NSF SAVI project called WiFiUS for US-Finland collaboration on wireless cognitive radio networks, with matching funds from Tekes and The Academy of Finland. By 2015 it included 58 PIs, 21 Projects, and 29 Institutions. He was the coordinator of this initiative from its inception in 2011 untill 2015, when it became a national NSF program by the same name.
October 2016: Samta Shukla receives 2016 Founders Award of Excellence.
May 2016: Dibakar Das receives Charles M. Close ‘62 Doctoral Prize for outstanding work as a researcher and teacher.
May 2016: Best Paper Award, WiOpt 2016, Optimal Damage-Aware Caching for Data Centric Networks
December 2015: 2015 WiFiUS Workshop and PI Meeting
September 2015: Keynote talk @ IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference
July 2015: Inside5G, 5Qs on 5G
- Optimal Bidding in Repeated Wireless Spectrum Auctions with Budget Constraints, to appear in IEEE GLOBECOM 2016.
- Hybrid Memory Allocation for Content-Centric Networking, to appear in IEEE GLOBECOM 2016.
- Content Placement and Service Scheduling in Femtocell Caching Networks, to appear in IEEE GLOBECOM 2016.
- Future Micro Operators Business Models in 5G , The Business and Management Review, Volume 7 Number 5, June 2016.
- On Designing Optimal Memory Damage Aware Caching Policies for Content-Centric Networks. IEEE WiOpt 2016. (Best Paper Award.)
- Cooperative Caching in Dynamic Shared Spectrum Networks. Accepted March 2016. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. (To appear.)
- Incentivizing Selected Devices to Perform Cooperative Content Delivery: A Carrier Aggregation based Approach. Accepted March 2016. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. (To appear.)
- Dynamic Spectrum Sharing Auctions with Time-Evolving Channel Qualities. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 14(11): 5900-12, 2015.
- Network-Layer Scheduling and Relaying in Cooperative Spectrum Sharing Networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 14(8): 4597-4613, 2015.
- Spatial-Temporal Queuing Theoretic Modeling of Opportunistic Multi-hop Wireless Networks With and Without Cooperation. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 14(9): 5209-24, 2015.