Installing Rensselaer Mobile Studio on Windows 8.
The problem is the unsigned driver. You need to allow installation of unsigned drivers on your Windows 8 computer. It will then work normally.
First download Mobile Studio and install it. Then follow these instructions.
- While on the Start Screen, open Computer Settings which is located on the Charms Menu.
- Change PC Settings
- Restart now under Advanced startup
- Advanced Options
- Startup Settings
- Disable driver signature enforcement, the computer will reboot
- Log on
- Go to desktop by pressing WinKey + D
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing WinKey + E
- Right click on computer and choose Manage
- Click on Device Manager
- Right Click on the Mobile Studio Driver which should have the yellow ! symbol on it, and choose update driver
- Browse to the Drivers folder under C:\ Program Files (x86)\Rensselaer\Mobile Studio Desktop\Drivers
- Click OK
- You should get a warning message that the driver is unsigned
- Click on Install anyway
- Re launch Mobile Studio
- Connect the Mobile Studio board and you should now be able to see the board
If not click on Refresh Device List at the bottom of the window