[Bookshelf] [Guests] [TV] [Radio] [Outside] [Magazine Rack]
CLIFF MAIER'S LIVING ROOM
Welcome to my living room. Unfortunately, of course, it is difficult to replicate the comfortable hominess of your living room electronically, but luckily the same does not apply for the geeky weirdness of my own living room. And, of course, this is my living room.
Over by the bookcase you'll find some more pedestrian entertainment on the 19" Magnavox T.V. Currently showing:
Gosh, I hate advertisements. And now they're all over the net. Wanna know who to boycott and why? Check out the Cheesy Commercialization Homepage. Your time might be better spent humming a few TV Theme Songs.
- The best show on TV: Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Mission Impossible: Your web site, should you choose to accept it...
- MTV. Think you'll actually find music there?
- Comedy Central. Nice channel. I wish they'd stop showing "Losing It," though.
- ER: Good show, but do we need to see so many bodily fluids.
- Too Something: Like Friends, but with good writing and a bad laughtrack.
- E!: This is what the web really needed.
- ARRRRGHHHH! They're EVERYWHERE!!!!! It's Friends!
- Friends. Why bother with your own angst when there's plenty on the tube?
- Cheers. Norm!
- Cartoons are cool.
- You can't have TV without Commercials
Turn Up the Dial
When you're through rotting your brain with TV...
- Rot it with Howard Stern!
Also nice to listen to on the radio: music
- Pink Floyd comes to mind.
- Rush: Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antennas bristle with the energy
- nin: How do you get Netscape to do a backwards "n" ? There's another one here.
- The Doors: Show me the way to the next little girl...
- Type O Negative: They suck.
- The Toasters: Don't say forever...
- Rusted Root: What are these guys singing, anyway?
And a decent radio station...
- WDRE: They were decent - now they play oldies, so fuck 'em.
- WQBK: They are getting better, and stealing all of WDRE's old stuff.
Of course, you may not want to listen to music unless everyone else thinks it's cool, so check the Billboard Charts.
I confess that I'm addicted to all sorts of trashy magazines. And they
are usually scattered haphazardly about my apartment, creating a fire
hazard. Poke around and check out the news, comics, or slightly more geeky content.
People like to lounge around in my living room. People like
Evilboy and New-Guy
And who's that over there? Why, it's a woman who is using the power of
html for good instead of evil! It's Lisa Schmeiser!
Of course, we have visitors from far and wide.
As usual, in my living room, you will find an abundance of reading material scattered about more or less at random.
Darn it, I thought I put that resumé away!
If you want something a little longer to read, there's The Case of the Disappearing Dinmore. I wrote it myself, many years ago.
Okay, some real books, too. computer book?
A nice canonical list of everything about books, including literary journals, typography, and literature.
Leaving the House
Sometimes I actually leave the house and don't go to work. So what do I do? Well, concerts are nice.
Maybe I should stop watching TV and go outside and play some baseball. I'm sorta tall, though - maybe I should play basketball instead.
For some weirdness, how about a visit to Tarantinoworld? As long as we're on the subject of movies, Miramax makes some neat movies.
I like to spend the money I don't have, too.
- Music, Videotapes, and Stuff
- Gifts for cute people
How about a restaurant with nice...atmosphere. Hooters!
If you can't decide where to go, check out the world map. Or maybe just look in
the Yellow Pages for something to do.
Last modified 1/11/96.