ABET Accreditation Information
The Electrical Engineering and Computer & Systems Engineering degree programs are each independently accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Program Educational Objectives for ECSE Programs
The Electrical and Computer & Systems Engineering programs are each designed to prepare students for continued learning and successful careers in industry, government, academia, and consulting. Within a few years of graduation our graduates of the Bachelor of Science programs are expected to:
- Pursue professional positions and/or graduate study in their areas of interest.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge in their professional discipline through problem-solving, discovery, leadership, and responsible application of technology.
- Continue to develop both professionally and personally through activities such as participation in professional societies, continuing education, and community service.
Student Outcomes for ECSE Programs
By the completion of their undergraduate studies, students in the Electrical and Computer & Systems Engineering programs will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to engineering problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively with written, oral, and visual means.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use modern engineering techniques, skills, and computing tools necessary for engineering practice.
Enrollment and Degrees Awarded - PDF version