ECSE’s Co-Terminal BS/ME or BS/MS Program
To better prepare students to meet the growing demands of industry and the marketplace, Rensselaer offers undergraduates the opportunity to earn both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in five years or less and extend their financial aid! The two degrees may be in the same or different academic disciplines and allow students an efficient, optimized path to earning a graduate degree.
Undergraduate students interested in pursuing a co-terminal degree may apply to the Department of their choice near the end of their junior year or at the beginning of their senior year. Many departments have additional requirements that can be found on the Co-Terminal Requirements page on the Graduate Admissions website. ECSE’s Co-Terminal program is currently open only to current ECSE undergraduates.
Co-Terminal Master's Program
Students interested in applying must go to JEC 6012 to pick up an application packet.
To apply for the Co-Terminal:
- Must have a minimum of 90 credits (completed or in progress) to apply (typically second semester junior year)
- Must have a minimum 3.5 GPA to be considered
- Submit the Co-Terminal application with all sections completed
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation
- Submit a CAPP report
- Submit a well-written Statement of Background and Goals
- Submit a completed Master’s Plan of Study
- Deadline to apply: October 1st for spring; April 1st for fall (late applications will not be accepted).
All documents must be returned to JEC 6012 for review. Students will be notified once a decision has been made.