Demand-Response Pricing and Load Management in the Smart Grid
Selection of research papers I have written on this topic are:
- A. Ghavami, S. Bhattacharya, K. Kar and A. Gupta, Price-Driven Charging of Plug-In Electric Vehicles: Nash Equilibrium, Social Optimality and Best-Response Convergence, Proceedings of CISS 2013 (47th Annual Conf. Information Sciences and Systems), Baltimore, MD, March 2013.
- A. Ghavami and K. Kar, Nonlinear Pricing for Social Optimality of PEV Charging under Uncertain User Preferences, Proceedings of CISS 2014 (48th Annual Conf. Information Sciences and Systems), Princeton, NJ, March 2014.
- Z. Dar, K. Kar, J.H. Chow, Store or Sell? A threshold price policy for revenue maximization in windfarms with onsite storage, Proceedings of 2016 Annual Conference on Information Science and Systems (CISS), Princeton, NJ, March 2016.
- S. Bhattacharya, K. Kar, J. H. Chow and A. Gupta, Extended Second Price Auctions with Elastic Supply for PEV Charging in the Smart Grid, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. Volume 7, Issue 4, July 2016, Pages 2082-2093. (Parts of this work have appeared in ACC 2014 and NetGCoop 2014.)
- A. Ghavami, K. Kar and A. Gupta, Decentralized Charging of Plug-In Electric Vehicles with Distribution Feeder Overload Control, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Volume 61, Issue 11, November 2016, Pages 3527-3532 (Extended version)
- E. Anshelevich, K. Kar and S. Sekar, Pricing to Maximize Revenue and Welfare Simultaneously in Large Markets, Proceedings of the 12th Conference on Web and Internet Economics (WINE 2016) , December 2016, Montreal, Canada.
- Z. Dar, K. Kar, O. Sahni, J.H. Chow, Windfarm Power Optimization using Yaw Angle Control, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Volume 8, Issue 1, January 2017, Pages 104-116.
- Z. Dar, K. Kar, J.H. Chow, Distributed Frequency Regulation in Smart Grids, To appear in Proceedings of 2017 North American Power Symposium, Morgantown, WV, September 2017.
- S. Bhattacharya, K. Kar and J. H. Chow, Optimal Precooling of Thermostatic Loads under Time-varying Electricity Prices, American Control Conference (ACC) 2017, Seattle, WA, May 2017. (A full version of this work appeared in IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy.)
- E. Anshelevich, K. Kar, S. Sekar, Z. B. Tariq, Balancing social utility with aggregator profit in electric vehicle charging, Proceedings of 2017 IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), Dresden, Germany, October 2017.
- S. A. R. Naqvi, K. Kar, S. Bhattacharya, V. Chandan, Optimizing HVAC Operations in Multi-unit Buildings for Grid Demand Response, Proceedings of 2020 American Control Conference (ACC), Denver, CO, USA, July 2020.
- S. A. R. Naqvi, K. Kar, S. Bhattacharya, V. Chandan, Peak Power Reduction for HVAC Operations in Multi-unit Commercial Buildings, Proceedings of 2021 IEEE Power & Energy Society Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference (ISGT), February 2021.