Scheduling and Medium Access Control in Wireless Networks
Selection of research papers I have written on this topic are:
- K. Kar, S. Sarkar, L. Tassiulas, Achieving
Proportionally Fair Rates using Local
Information in Aloha Networks, IEEE Transactions on
Automatic Control, Vol . 49, No. 10, October 2004, pp. 1858-1862.
- X. Wang and K.
Kar, Throughput Modelling and
Fairness Issues in CSMA/CA Based Ad-Hoc Networks, Proceedings
of Infocom 2005,
- X. Wang and K. Kar, Cross-Layer Rate Optimization in Multi-Hop Wireless Networks with Random Access, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 24, No. 8, pp. 1548-1559, August 2006.
- P. Chaporkar, K. Kar, X. Luo and S. Sarkar, Throughput and Fairness Guarantees Through Maximal Scheduling in Wireless Networks, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 54, No. 2, February 2008.
- X. Wang, K. Kar and J-S. Pang, Lexicographic Max-Min Fair Rate Allocation in Random Access Wireless Networks, Proceedings of the 45th IEEE Conf. On Decision and Control (CDC), San Diego, December 2006.
- K. Kar, X. Luo and S. Sarkar, Throughput-optimal Scheduling in Multichannel Access Point Networks under Infrequent Channel Measurements, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 7, No. 7, pp. 2619-2629, July 2008.
- S. Sarkar and K. Kar, Queue Length Stability under Slowly Convergent Traffic using Sequential Maximal Scheduling, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 53, No. 10, pp. 2292-2306, November 2008.
- X. Luo and K. Kar, Dynamic Channel Assignment and Power Allocation in Multichannel Wireless Networks with Per-user Bandwidth Guarantees, Proceedings of The 9th Intl. Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt), Princeton, NJ, May 2011.
- K. Kar, S. Sarkar, A. Ghavami and X. Luo, Delay Guarantees for Throughput-Optimal Wireless Link Scheduling, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 57, No. 11, November 2012.